Original Request thread

Here are a couple of enhancements I think would be very useful…

1. Have a use count visible on each asset’s thumbnail in the library - that way I don’t have to click Edit Asset and go into usage each time to see if it’s actually used - just a count of the number of courses it appears in would be fine, that way if there are any images which are unused they can be removed

2. Whenever you get question feedback or any sort of popup window, allow the user to lose it by just clicking/tapping outside of the popup area - much simpler than having to click a specific close button every time. Maybe give people the option in course settings to choose from having the close button or not?

3. A fairly specific one - is it possible for you add the ability to have bulleted lists within table cells in the Table component? I like the component but it’s quite limited. Bullets, bold, italic - just simple formatting - would be very useful.

4. In the info text when you are asked to upload an asset, just add the minimum sizes required e.g for graphics - so we can remember!

5. A dev mode for assessments, where you can click a button to pass/fail for testing what happens after you complete an assessment without having to answer all the questions each time!

6. Option to have the footer navigation attached to the bottom of the screen at all times instead of it just being at the bottom of each page.

7. Have the option to HIDE any comp/block/article so it can remain in the builder but not be visible in the preview/published file

8. it would be great when you use text as the buttons for the hotgraphic, if instead of having to change the text for a visited hotspot, if it could just change colour to show you have seen it, or maybe just have a tick icon appear next to it? Otherwise there’s no real indicator – and I don’t really want to change the text heading,

9. Possible to have a “border” on images – so you can optionally set the colour, width, corner radius and shadow on/off of a graphic border in your theme (or have multiple graphic border styles you can set), then turn this on and off/choose a border for your graphics on each component.

10. Link component title to block title and maybe block title to article title? Sometimes I just want one title to flow through – not necessarily for display but just for the progress menu maybe. If you could have a link icon next to titles which pulls the same title through from the parent that would save a lot of time!

2 Likes

This would be super useful for us.

1 Like

Thanks @hbailey and @norgish - I have passed these to our team for discussion.

Hi, It would be great if the ‘list’ attributes in theme appearance could be edited through article styles. For example, i’d like the fonts used in flip cards to be different from the fronts used in the flowchart component. Happy to provide more detail if needed.
Thanks, Ben

1 Like

TEXT INPUT COMPONENT

Quite a simple request. On the text input question, have the reset button become more a retry button on a second attempt. At the moment, if you have several text input gaps to fill in the same question, resetting a question on a second attempt wipes clean all the answers and the learner has to restart from scratch.

A better solution (for me) would be to leave the answers as they were after the first attempt and let the learner decide what to change. Perhaps we could have the option to reset (wipe clean) or retry (leave answers intact).

A better solution still (but which would probably be more complex) would be to tell the learner which are correct and which gaps are incorrect, but again still leave the initial answers intact for the learner to amend themselves.

I think this would be helpful to anyone using the text input question where more than one gap is being used in a single question (as the component allows). It can be quite lengthy to type responses to more than one gap and getting a student to start again can cause the learner to be frustrated and disengaged which is the last thing we want in Elearning.

Hope that is clear.

2 Likes

Thanks @David_Moxon I have passed that along to the team.

This is a request for a new question component. It is actually a component that is found in many authoring tools because it is useful. It is sometimes called Wordbank and is basically a fill in the gaps exercise where the words are already given and they need to be dragged to their correct place in the text.

I am not sure how easy this component is to implement in Evolve.

It useful for text comprehension questions in any subject and especially useful in language teaching.

5 Likes

It would be useful to be able to update courses created by Evolve and already uploaded to “Bloom” so that when updating the course, it does not have to be downloaded again, then uploaded again to Bloom?

2 Likes

Thanks @David_Moxon I’ve passed this to the team. We do think this is a component that should come to Evolve.

1 Like

Hello @nick This is on our roadmap

Some awesome ideas on this thread :smiley:

When it’s out of experimental I’d love to see the Storage extension expanded to allow social comparison.

User selects an option from an MCQ (or similar), their selection is stored in Firebase, and a realtime reply is given on how many other users selected that option or the most popular option.

What is your favorite color?
Red
Blue
Purple (selected)
Green

Reply: 45% of participants selected Purple.

What feature would you like to see in Evolve v5?

Real alligators popping out of the screen
Flying pygmy hippos!
Sharks with fricken laserbeams
Cheesecake delivery service! (selected)

Reply: We like the cheesecake delivery service too - so do 1/3 of respondents!

3 Likes

Hello @irongwen - we actually already have functionality similar to what you’re after.

The Social MCQ component works in a very similar way to this. Have you tried it out?

We’ll see about the lasers for Evolve v5 :wink:

Yay really? It failed every time I tried to use it a few months ago so wasn’t sure what it was trying to do :smiley: “2preview.min.js:75 Error: Firebase.set failed: First argument contains undefined in property ‘socialMCQ.5a666017c094202b2affa7f6.users.Cheesecake’” And then asking learners to sign up for a Google account :slight_smile: I’ll look further into it! Thanks Matt_C!

Can we add custom CSS yet? :smiley: (hoping for another pleasant surprise!)

@irongwen I’m sorry to hear that you had issues - please submit a support ticket and we’ll take a look.

Custom CSS isn’t on our roadmap I’m afraid. The main reason being that for published courses to work as effectively across mobile devices there have to be a few constraints, otherwise things get broken fast.

Evolve themes expose many CSS values and do give a wide range of control while at the same time making sure that your published content will respond to the huge range of possible display environments.

I have only just discovered the ‘paste’ function and think it would be more useful and intuitive to call this ‘copy’.

It would be great to link to this community in the help and support tab and also an FAQ or text search help function. The video guides are somewhat out of date.

Is it really necessary to have blocks within articles? Ca’t you just add components directly into an article? Do the articles, blocks and components need two titles each?

@rbhartshorne You only need to add content to components. Adding content to Articles and Blocks is entirely optional. The display and normal title fields serve 2 functions. The Display title is what will show on a published course and the other title field is used internally by Evolve. We have seen use cases where an organisation needs to label things differently for learners and for those developing the course.

@rbhartshorne We will look at doing this. Which videos are you having issues with please?

Thanks.

…but you can’t just add a component directly into an article, it HAS to be within a block.

I understand the need for a published title and back-end title but why do all the blocks, components and articles need to be numbered as well? It looks cluttered IMO.