Using Versions and updating default version

Hi everyone

I have the following situation:

1. A default course, lets say consisting of the pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
  2. A Version 1 of the default course, where page 2 of the default course is removed and replaced by page 2a.
  3. A Version 2 of the default course, where pages 3 and 4 of the default course are removed and replaced by pages 3b and 4b.

Now I want to add a new page, page 6, to the default course. This page must be part of all the versions.

How would I do this?

The way I did it, just adding page 6 to the default course, didn’t add it to the versions.

Any ideas, how to solve this?

Heinz

Hi Heinz,

I’d build out the new page 6 in version 1, then go to each of the other versions and use the paste function to paste in the new page 6. It’d probably be about 20 mouse clicks to get the whole thing done. I’d get at Page 6 in each version by using the version filter. Like this:

2 Likes

Hi Andy

Thank you. It worked.
And I guess I have to do the same procedure in case I just update an existing page of the default version?
So actually a version seams to be a full copy of a course.

Hi Heinz,

Yes, you are right. Versions are full independent copies of the original course. To quickly build new content across all versions I’d build once then copy/paste.

Best,
Andy

Hi,

I would like to update a course version in one Evolve instance with an imported course created in another instance. We are currently migrating two instance but there is a course that was created twice (in the two different instances). I’m not able to import the course over because it states the course already exist. Is there a solution to this issue?

Thanks so much,

Hi,
We had the same issue and discovered a simple fix. Go to the first instance of Evolve and duplicate the course you want to transfer over. Publish the duplicate - import that into the second instance of Evolve. Essentially, making a duplicate creates a course with a new course ID that will import without conflict.

Best,
Andy