SCORM meta data - Duration

Hi,

A client is asking for the course duration to be added in the SCORM manifest or metadata files.

As far as I can tell there is no way of adding this in Evolve so I will need to add it manually after publishing.

Has anyone done this before?

Thank you in advance.

@BarryBPS Well, in nearly 20 years of working with SCORM this is the first time I’ve ever heard of an LMS actually using SCORM metadata!

If you could clarify which version of SCORM you’re targetting I should be able to give you a few pointers

1 Like

Ha! I agree Matt.

I’m surprised that the LMS administrator cannot add this one thing manually.

The SCORM version is 2004 4th edition.

We also need to reach out to you regarding a bigger issue regarding the courses resuming on the client’s bespoke LMS. How is the best way for us to do that?

Contact support please

1 Like

@BarryBPS although really if it’s an issue unique to that LMS then really the support people for that LMS should be your first port of call.

If it’s something you can replicate on SCORM Cloud/others then please feel free to get in touch with Evolve support.

1 Like

Hi Matt, I also agree with this and we’re working on it. It’s just that everything we try does not work. :frowning:

In that case you need to ask them whether they mean the ‘technical’ duration or the ‘educational’ duration (typicalLearningTime) - see SCORM 2004 Metadata Structure