Publish and Evolve course for use on the web

If you would like to host an Evolve course on your website this guide takes you through the steps.

There are no special requirements for hosting an Evolve course on a web server. You should upload the Published .zip file to your intended location, unzip it into a folder that is accessible via a url. Most servers will handle automatic routing to the index.html file.

1. Publish from Evolve by selecting “Web” from your Publish settings.
  2. Login to your webhosting - this is usually done via your web host Cpanel/Admin area or alternatively by using an FTP client to access your web server.
  3. Upload the course .zip file to your webserver and extract it. Normally the files need to be in a publicly accessible folder - public_html or www - your webhost can advise.
  4. Once the files are extracted then your webhost should automatically pick up the index.html file of your course when a learner navigates to the URL where the course is held.

This video runs through the whole process:

1 Like

which web server is being used here? I’m looking for a free one.

Hi, is there an option to simply publish a weblink?

@anon59780582 Do you know if there is a way to publish on a Squarespace website?

We have created all our courses in Evolve, and want to provide access without an LMS. We have a Squarespace website.

Hi Melissa,

Matt is no longer with Evolve =, but we’re here to help where we can!

I’m not familiar with Squarespace, but any webspace will be able to host the packaged “Web” publish out of Evolve and then you just link to the index.html to open the course and run.

Use the Local Storage extension in conjunction with your course for this.

1 Like

Hi Helen,
Thanks so much for your replies, and for having a brief look at Squarespace.

It doesn’t look like I’ll be able to publish on Squarespace, which is rather disappointing. I’m trying to find a workaround as we were hoping to sell the courses on our Squarespace website. Any ideas would be appreciated. I’ve also contacted Squarespace about this.

I have suggested this before, but a simple option to publish to a weblink would be amazing in this case!

Thanks!