No interaction tracking / interaction ID?

Hi community,

I need some help tracking my assessment results.
I build a course containing an assessment and tried running it in our LMS. The course correctly sends a passed/failed status, but I am unable to track individual questions via interaction id (eg. tracking how often a single quesion of the assessment was answered right, what type of interaction, …).

I’ve tried running the course in Scorm Cloud, but I don’t get any interactions shown there as well.

Can someone please explain how top set up tracking / assessment in Evolve (Scorm 1.2) to be able to track interactions?

I’m on a tight schedule, so any help is appreciated.

Hello Ina,

I’m afraid individual interaction tracking is not possible in Evolve using SCORM 1.2, this is only available with the Bloom and Exceed (Intellum) Platforms and no other LMS.

Hi Helen,

thanks for your reply.
Meanwhile I’ve also tried using xAPI, but same results: no individual interaction tracking.

Do you have any plans for adding this in the near future?
Unfortunately we won’t be able to use Evolve in the long run if we can’t get the data we want from Evolve’s SCORM packages.

2 Likes

Hi @hbailey

We are in the same situation, is this on Evolve roadmap at all for other LMS? we have been using Evolve for years and love the tool but are getting more and more pressure to provide interaction data for evaluation.

Thanks
Shelly

2 Likes

Hi there, any updates for this?

Hi, I’d like to see interaction tracking added to SCORM 2004, please.

More of our clients who use Workday are asking for tracking of interaction data and we cannot do this with Evolve.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, apologies for lack of response to this. We are considering working on reporting from a more holistic standpoint (rather than targeting one or two particular standards), but it would be a significant undertaking in development time, so we don’t have a definite timescale for this work yet. When we do the work, we would undertake research to find out more about the kind of problems we would be trying to solve.

2 Likes

Hi @Sam_Cook_Evolve_QA and @hbailey,

Is there an update on SCORM 2004 interactions data?

Unfortunately, some learning designers incorrectly assume Evolve will support this, and tracking data gets mentioned in client meetings, only for us to say that’s not possible using the tool we recommend using. It can be embarrassing. :grimacing:

Helen, you raised the need for this back in 2019 and I was surprised to find Evolve does not include it.

Many thanks,

Barry

Just wanted to bump this issue - it’s very valuable to us too.

In the meantime, we’re going to have to switch to Adapt for client projects that have this requirement which is a shame.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, we can only use Evolve for a fraction of our projects as well, as insights into learners performance are critical to us. In fact, there are many teams in our company that don’t even want to bother with using Evolve for that reason (although they love the solution!) and instead keep authoring with solutions such as Storyline or Elucidat… Do you have any plans for improving reporting-related capabilities in the not so distant future?