Inline link to a resource

Hi there, I have managed to create an inline link to a resource document by using the Insert Link button and then adding the following to the URL:

…/course/en/assets/61c42b27b0925e08c4ae236c/file.pdf

I had already added the document as a resource and pubished the course to work out what assets folder it would be in.

But this method is not ideal and not everyone will be able to do it.

Is there a proper way of doing it?

I cannot use the Links Component as the text I want to link from is in a Question Results slide.

And as far as I’m aware, inline links to resource documents is not possible.

I simply want to do add a link like this:

Here’s a handy summary of this module.

With the part in bold being the link to the resource.

Thanks in advance,

Barry

Actually, my suggested route of adding an inline link does not work when uploaded to SCORM cloud as it cannot find the file.

It works locally though.

Does anyone know how to create in inline link to a resource?

Many thanks,

Barry

Hi Barry,

We had the same issue a couple of months ago, and we found a solution that is still working.

Instead of “…/course/en/(…)” you should use “./course/en/(…)”
This will work when publishing to SCORM as well :slight_smile:

As far as I know, I don’t think it’s possible yet to create an inline link to a resource.

3 Likes

Thanks Silvia! This is great… I’ll give it a go now.

It would seem my proper web developer skills need brushing up, so thank you for pointing this out :slight_smile:

Many thanks,

Barry

Just to confirm that the solution works perfectly. :grin:

2 Likes

Great!

And don’t worry, two years ago we used the same URL you provided, but in a recent project we noticed that now that solution wasn’t working when publishing to SCORM, so after some hours of frustration and a dash of despair, we got it :slight_smile:

Really happy it helped!
Have a great year!

2 Likes