How to require a video to be completed before moving to the next section of a course

Hello! I am new to Evolve and wanted to know how I could require a video to be watched/viewed before moving to the next section of the course?

I also want users to be able to replay the video if needed.

Hi there!

You can use either Content Locking or Logic to prevent people moving on until the video has finished - Advanced Features : Intellum

and yes people can replay the video as many times as they want!

Hi there,

I’m struggling to make this work with Content Locking. I want to make sure that learners fully watch a video before the MCQ under it gets unlocked.

Content locking
What I’ve tried so far is using ‘Components Completed’, but in the live preview, it unlocks as I scroll past the video without even having to watch it.

Logic
Please let me know what triggers to use if using this option? I can’t figure it out with the generic instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Hey - welcome to the community!

You need to pop into your Media component containing the video, go to the Behaviour settings, and then change the Completion status from “inview” to “Ended” as seen here: Then you will only get the unlock once your video has finished playing: