Hidden articles tracking in progress bar

Hi -

I have a course that allows the learner to hide some content at the article level using buttons and logic. The content items they can choose to hide are scenarios that some learners may find sensitive or triggering. This part works well with the learner having the option to hide or unhide the content based on their own experience.

The issue I’m facing is in the progress bar. If the learner choses to hide the content (impacting three different article components), the progress bar is still expecting the learner to complete the hidden components and will not display “completed”.

I have changed the progress tracking so it is controlled by “selected page components”, but can’t see where I can have it ignore the components (or mark as completed) when they are hidden. I could have it completely ignore the components that are being hidden/unhidden, but that seems a poor experience for learners choosing not to hide the content.

Thanks for any guidance !
Mathew

Hi Mathew, I had the same issue as you describe, but for me I was showing accordions components for mobile and hotspot components for desktop. This meant that when viewed on each device the munu item progress indiction never reached 100% on either device.

As far as I’m aware, hidden content cannot be used in progress indication and you will have to set it to completely ignore the components that are being hidden/unhidden.

Many thanks,

Barry

I had a similar problem. I solved it by switching form hidden content to locked content - in this case the article is displayed, but you can only see its content when unlocking it.
Maybe you can hide sensitive content in locked articles - learners will have to scroll over the locked article to continue the course, but you could set a lock message like “you chose to hide sensitive content” - that way learners know that they are skipping over certain content while scrolling.