Glossary access without sidebar

Hi,

Is there any way to access the Glossary extension without turning the sidebar on? Can I put it into the top navigation somehow, or is there any way to make a link to it from the course content?

I don’t want to turn on the sidebar and take up screen space for the sake of just one link.

Thanks

Steve

Sure is!

Make sure the glossary is active in Extensions. Add a Links component where you want your link to the glossary, and in the Item settings, turn on “Internal Link” then choose Extensions as the Link Type and finally Glossary as the Link Target. Make it a button if you like.

2 Likes

Also, if you leave the Side navigation turned on in Theme > Navigation > settings, but turn on “Use Hamburger menu” in the same settings, the sidebar will vanish and everything will go in a hamburger menu within the top navigation, which only opens when clickec.

3 Likes

OK that’s very cool. Thank you Helen!

1 Like

Glad to have found this since Evolve Help didn’t provide any information about how to actually make the Glossary extension available to the learner. I’m going to use the “Links”" suggestion, and need the glossary to open in a separate window/tab. How can that happen? Thank you in advance.