Course Assessment Reset Issue

Hi,

A client of ours has been having an issue with one of their courses. The score of the assessment can potentially reset upon a revisit. It can play out as follows:

• Visit 1: User completes the course and passes the quiz… let’s say they got 85%.
  • Visit 2: The quiz will reset BUT the score will still say 85% and be regarded as passed. Let’s say the user quits without redoing the quiz as it says they have already passed.
  • Visit 3: The course will reset the score to 0% and the quiz will reset. Score isn’t set up in the LMS so I was unable to see if this affected the score on the LMS side, but the course remained complete for me when I tested it, regardless of whether the internal course score or quiz would reset themselves.

On further testing, this only happens on assessments that use a question bank. I assume when the user is launching the course, it is pulling new questions into the assessment making it appear incomplete and confusing the score system.

Is there a way to stop this from happening or is it just a glitch in the matrix that may need to be addressed by Intellum?

Hi Jordan,

I hope you’re well.

Did you manage to fix this? I’ve been wracking my brain all day and cannot find a solution to this problem.

I can say that the score is not reset in the LMS as I’ve tried making my own results slide instead. However, the score is shown as a percentage or 100% rather than the number of questions the learner got correct.

In the screenshot below we can see a score saved to a variable and displayed for a returning learner. (see the green arrow).

The red arrow shows that the number of questions answered is reset to zero as the question bank has been reset.

@hbailey Any idea?

Thanks,

Barry

Further to my issue above.

Question bank MCQs resetting by themselves and not via the Retake Quiz button is not a good thing.

If you return to the course later and do not press the Retake button, it is possible to answer all the questions again but your score is not updated.

What is worse, you are told you have passed.

I’ll raise the issue with Evolve support.