xAPI enabled courses are in Evolve as of 4.4 (released 11/06/18).
If you aren’t familiar with xAPI here’s a description from https://xapi.com/overview/
"The Experience API (or xAPI) is a new specification for learning technology that makes it possible to collect data about the wide range of experiences a person has (online and offline). This API captures data in a consistent format about a person or group’s activities from many technologies. Very different systems are able to securely communicate by capturing and sharing this stream of activities using xAPI’s simple vocabulary.
The freedoms of the Experience API
- Statement freedom: the structure of “statements” using nouns, verbs and objects lets you record almost any activity. Think: “I did this.”
- History freedom: the Experience API allows LRSs to talk to each other. LRSs can share data and transcripts with one another, and your experiences can follow you from one LRS (or organization) to another. Learners can even have their own “personal data lockers” with their personal learning information inside them.
- Device freedom: any enabled device can send Experience API statements (mobile phones, simulations, games, a CPR dummy, the list goes on). A constant network connection isn’t necessary — occasional connectivity is fine.
- Workflow freedom: tracking learning events doesn’t have to start or end in an LMS, it can start wherever the learner is and on whatever device they choose to use. Your content isn’t tied to an LMS. "
Publishing xAPI enabled courses in Evolve
- Navigate to the course you wish to publish
- Click Publish
- Select How Your Course Should Send Course Statement
- If you intend to use a Learning Record Store toggle “Use External LRS End Point?”. If not skip to 6.
- Add your LRS keys and endpoint details.
- Publish your course.
xAPI publish is still in BETA
This means that xAPI may not work as intended on your LMS. If you are experiencing issues please contact support with the following information:
- The xAPI issue in as much detail as possible
- The name of the LMS
- A link to the course in your Evolve
- A test account on your LMS where we can troubleshoot your course
We are also interested in hearing your feedback on how xAPI has been implemented in Evolve. Information on how you are using xAPI in your organisation and example use cases will allow us to improve this feature and compatibility with your LMS/LRS.
Let us know here or via support.