Questions blanked out issue

Hi All,

A client is reporting an issue with all questions in a course.

Apparently every question, including ones in the course assessment extension and other MCQ’s not in there, are showing as greyed out. (see image)

The course was tested in various ways by me on SCORM cloud before delivery and this did not occur.

Some points they noted to me:

• This only happens with some learners, not all.
  • Their LMS is Saba/Cornerstone People Cloud.
  • Learners affected were using work laptops, although so were the others not affected.

Has anyone experienced this issue before, and if so, what was the solution?

Many thanks
Craig

Hi Craig,

Is this happening when the first open the course or when they open the course having already answered the questions?

Also, are you using the local storage extension?

Hey Simon,

My understanding is when they first get to them. They are already greyed out.

Im not using the local storage extension.

Thanks for replying!

It really looks to me like the questions have been answered in a previous SCORM ‘session’.

Unfortunately when published for SCORM, Evolve doesn’t restore the answers the user gave in subsequent sessions so the question appears ‘greyed out’ like that (unless also using the Local Storage extension in which case answers are restored).

If you can be absolutely certain this is occurring the first time the questions are seen by the learner then get in touch with Evolve support.

Another possibility: if the course was an update to a previous Evolve course it could be picking up the old tracking data. IIRC Saba does give you an option to clear previous tracking data when updating a course; it could be that option was not selected…?

2 Likes

Thanks Matt,

I’ll check the people in question didn’t test out an earlier version RE: the tracking data theory.

Once I have more info I’ll report back or contact support.

Thanks

Can you confirm if this is the correct support page if needed? Contact Us | Intellum

Thanks

The customer support link on that page is correct yes. There’s also links to contact support in Evolve itself. If you don’t have a login that’s covered here.

Yes Craig - or this one directly… Intellum

Hi Helen, when I go to your link and try to login with my Evolve password it says its incorrect. Is there a different password needed to log in to the support area?

Yes - it’s not connected to Evolve it’s an intellum site - you should have had an email setting you up but if you haven’t, there’s a form at the top you can fill in to request access.

Helen