Original Request thread

HOLY MOLY !!!

Blown away. Seriously.

:star_struck:

1 Like

When a multiple choice question is answered, the learnerā€™s selection is not captured in the statement, nor is the correct response. Getting that bit of information would fantastic.

I would find this feature really useful also!

1 Like

Yes Iā€™d be all for this too. It is totally feasible as well - as the character limit for scorm is per statement, not for the whole piece. Iā€™d hope an easy fix, and would be very beneficial to learner evaluations.

Iā€™d like to request a simple diagram component - where you can use a basic set of shapes that can be typed into and arranged. With accessibility etc, it is hard to do a diagram that isnā€™t an image, but a simple mindmap/flowchart, cycle diagram component would be epic! Would need a mobile version mode I guess, and the ability to use colour. But we could start small at least.

2 Likes

@Bjorn_Pederson In Evolve we already have the ability to push results to an LRS endpoint and there are numerous ways to hook your course into a 3rd party database using Discussions, Surveys and the storage component.

Iā€™ve passed this to the team

Iā€™ve passed this to the team for consideration. Thank you.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great. I havenā€™t explored those aspects of Evolve. However, if the survey responces can be captured via xAPI and sent to an LRS, getting the responce for a MCQ into an xAPI statement doesnā€™t seem like too much of a stretch, more like an ā€œoopsā€¦ā€.

Donā€™t get me wrong. I think Evolve is great, has tremendous value at present, and great potiential for even bigger things in the future, esp with your quick development cycle.

If there was a simple client-side editor for desired xAPI statments to be generated from a course, this would truely put Evolve on another level.

2 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m always exploring other authoring tools (and I still have Evolve as my main development tool :star_struck:), so I would like to see more visual activities like matching (with text-images and not with the drop-down list).

Also, it would be great to have the option of having the draggable items (in the drag&drop component) one in top of the others,
drag%26drop

Thanks!

2 Likes

It would be really helpful if videos could be used in text reveals as well as images. Many thanks.

Maybe I have just missed where this is done, but the option to show the Menu to the user is frustrating. Is there an option to pin the menu so it is showing all the time? Going back and forth to this pop-up seems like a step back. I would think that pinning the menu would be an obvious option so I apologize if I just missed where this is done.

1 Like

@b.allen Could you explain what youā€™re trying to achieve and weā€™ll see if we can help. Alternatively drop support an email from inside your Evolve instance.

We have added this as a ticket for a possible future enhancement.

I am referring to the Course Navigation extension. This provides an icon in the upper left of the display and when the user clicks on that there is a popup on the left side (by default) that provides the user with navigation options. Once they select an item the pop up hides itself. So it is a one-time use. If the user went to the wrong screen then they must repeat those steps to navigate to a different page. I would like to see that menu be persistent/pinned. Right now I am finding navigation to be cumbersome. But I am new to this tool (4 days) so I could just be missing something. As a new employee, I took a course developed by our company and now I am tasked to create and update other courses. So I am still learning this tool.

When a course has topics and pages, itā€™s difficult for the user to know where he is in the structure of the course. For example, when using cover menu, itā€™s difficult for the user to know if he is looking at a topics menu or a pages menu.
It would be great to be able to select cover menus for topics and standard or block menus for pages.
Thanks!

Hello @b.allen - thanks for your clarification.

Having the menu as persistent might work if the content is static however all published content in Evolve is responsive and this is the primary reason we hide the menu after navigation. Not knowing how many pages a course has or what size browser itā€™s being viewed on make having an always visible menu cumbersome.

There are a few things you could try though;

• Setup footer navigation in addition to using the Course Navigation extension.
  • Use the Page Indicator extension/Article indicator extension.
  • Use the Search Extension in combination with Video introduction and encourage topic discovery using Search.

We would recommend https://learnevolve.com if you would like some free Evolve training.

It would be great to have a survey function on the quiz, using the quiz to collect survey responses (eliminating the ā€œright answerā€) function.

1 Like

Hello @Jillian_Halpern we have a Survey component you can use. Once enabled you also need to turn on the Storage Extension and connect it to Firebase.

Thereā€™s a guide to that here: Setting up Firebase Storage

Would be great to be able to add a ā€œExit courseā€ link/button in the hamburger menu. Having the exit course button in the progress sidebar menu is ok, but I really think that this function belong to the top level (=hamburger menu). Right now, the user canĀ“t exit course from the start page of the course due to the progress menu does not show there.

2 Likes

I really think you are doing a great job with the flexible way of setting up different way for the user to pass the course criteria. It would be so great if you could show the user ā€œYou have passed this course!ā€ when the course requirements are met. I am aware of that in some cases this is a task/function for a LMS, but as you know there are several cases when you donĀ“t use the LMS in a traditional way, like when you distribute modules via links and with wrappers etc. I think the function could be simple and really useful. Show the message to the learner on a) the menu page b) Assessment page c) Achievements page depending of what passing criteria chosen.

2 Likes