How I can add pre-assessment and Post assessment in Evolve course?

I want to create a course in which I want to add Pre-assessment at the beginning of the course and if user pass the pre-assessment, course will mark completed and user will not be able to attempt post-assessment, however, user can visit the other topics if he wants. And if user fails the pre-assessment, he needs to complete all topics and pass the post-assessment to mark course as completed.
So, I want to know, how i can implement this in my evolve course because I can’t add 2 results and can’t move any topic after the result page in evolve.

Thanks in advance for help me.

Hi @rakesh

I think you could do it this way - have your pre-course assessment questions upfront, and your end of course assessment questions hidden. Have a logic trigger set to Components Correct > [your Pre-course assessment questions] > Set course to passed.
Have another trigger set up as Components Incorrect > [your Pre-course assessment questions] > Show hidden Article (or page or whatever’s relevant) where your end assessment questions are.

You would also need a trigger set to the end set of assessment questions to set the course as Passed if Components correct. If you want to give the learner multiple attempts at this end set you could have an action button with a trigger set to reset the end assessment components.

The limitation with this is it doesn’t use the assessment extension - you cant have multiple assessments set up with that extension. And it’s reliant on getting every question right in each set of questions rather than an 80% passmark or whatever.

Maybe someone else has a smarter way to do it, but I can’t think of another way.

Cheers-Sam

If you wanted to have a pass mark/threshold you could probably do that using a ‘score’ logic variable. But that’s getting well into the territory of advanced Logic usage so I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re pretty experienced with using Logic

Hi,
I have created a pre assessment. But when I check this on lms as scorm 1.2. It is not working correctly in one case.
IF i fail the pre-assessment, then a link is appearing at the bottom and I close the course. and when I resume/relaunch the course, all questions of pre-assessment are disable but the menu button/link is not visible. because I did not find any page load trigger with if condition so that i can make a condition of page load. Can you please help on this. here is the link of course.
https://infonativesolutionsinc.evolveauthoring.com/courses/6ab50b12cb32bcc3d446d3c2/shared/index.html

@rakesh if you’re using Logic to show the button/link then you’ll likely need to publish with Advanced Tracking enabled. Would also recommend publishing as SCORM 2004. If you can’t and have to use SCORM 1.2, do make sure to test thoroughly to make sure it’s not going to exceed the 4KB limit on suspend data that SCORM 1.2 has.