Changing Heading Tags

Hi everyone,
Quick question. If there anyway to change the Heading Levels of Articles, Blocks and Components? They currently read H2, H3, H4. In the way I build, I essentially use one article per component so I can apply specific backgrounds to each component (every second one is white).

Therefore I only use Component Titles for a couple of reasons. One, I want the content and the title to have proper spacing and two, it’s way more time efficient to just use the component than having to go into the Article.

The problem is WCAG recommends not skipping Heading tags. With my setup, I go from H1 (page header) to H4 (Component title). My client needs it to go H1-H2 which means I have to put everything in the Article.

I’d love to just be able to set the component at H2 because I NEVER use the article or block titles (normallY).

S

1 Like

Hello Steve,

I don’t think there is a way to apply custom heading levels to Article, Block and Component titles at this point. I recently filed a support ticket with Evolve, asking for the ability to apply custom heading styles to various component blocks (as the default H4 was causing a skipped heading issue in my course).

Agnieszka

Hi Steve, I have the same issue as you and would also like to be able to set the heading level at a component level.

I’m just about to embark on a test to see if I can restyle the theme in a way that looks identical to how it looks now, but by using the Artical to display the titles so that they are H2.

As it stands, my Headings go from H1 for the title at the top to H4 for all of the ‘screens’ in my courses.

Thanks,

Barry

1 Like