Treat Text and Graphic in Menu Content Item as seperate objects

Hi :slight_smile:

I don’t like how close the picture and text in the menu content item are to each other. I tried to play around with the paddings and margins and realised I will not achieve what I want because the graphic is treated as part of the text. So there is no way to create padding between text and graphic in the menu content item. I think it would look so much better with padding. Maybe you can implement this in the future. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!
Tina

Hi Tina, apols if this seems very obvious, but just checking you are aware of this Theme > Menu Content Item setting, just in case you had it toggled on or off and weren’t aware:
Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 15.51.34
Otherwise, if you want to DM a link to your course I could have a look and see if anything can be improved.
Cheers-Sam

Hi Sam, thank you for the hint. I did toggle this. But it does not make a different, because when I add padding on the right of the text, it does not add it to the right of the text block but at the right of the picture. I try to explain it with a screen shot. :smiley:

Thanks!
Tina

Thanks Tina - it looks like you maybe have a slightly narrow ‘Menu Max Width’ / ‘Menu Items Max Width’ setting in 'Theme > Menu > Layout? I wonder if increasing those will make the spacing (at least to the left of the image) better?

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, these settings only apply to the menu items but not the menu content item. :confused:

Apologies, didn’t realise that. Will keep investigating and let you know if I find a solution.
Cheers-Sam

@tinaliebl you might be able to cheat by adding some white or transparent space on that side of the image itself (before you upload it). It will make the overall image appear slightly smaller. but that might not be so bad if there’s no other option.

Yes, that is sort of my last resort :smiley: