How can I change the text and background colours of the Matching Title drop downs?

How can I change the text and background colours of the Matching Title drop downs?

Hi Nick,

The matching dropdown uses the component item background colours from the theme/article style. I don’t think you can change the colour of the drop down list background colour consistently across all browsers/devices, which is possibly why there is no option to do so. This is often a decision by the Operating system, and some will not show this at all (Apple provide a Scrolling mechanism for drop-downs on their mobile browsers, for example).

Many Thanks

Wes

Thanks Wes,

It looks like you can’t change the colour of the text in the drop down list, just the text that appears once the drop-down has closed back up. The list text is always grey on white. The reason I wanted to change it was because our QA had picked up that the colour contrast between the grey and white doesn’t always meet the WCAG AA conditions. It is very borderline, and does depend on where on the text that you pick the colour from, the edges being lighter as they’re anti aliased to the white background.

I just thought, if I could make the text darker it would remove any potential issues.

Nick