Evolve in other languages

Hi,

Does Evolve have a learner interface other than English? We have a client that likes the Evolve user environment but would need it in French. Thanks for the help.

C

Hi there,

I’m afraid not - but there is a workaround I have seen used…

While using any chrome-based browser, right-click and choose Translate… a small box will appear

From the 3-dot Kebab menu choose Choose another language…

Then choose French.
It’s a workaround but it will allow someone to get the idea more than in their non-dominant language. Once you have done it once it will be even faster as you can right-click and then just choose “Translate to Francais”.

You can also set language preferences so that Google will always offer to translate pages into French…

There may even be other Browser Plugins available which could make a permanent change based on the URL (xxxxxxx.evovleauthoring.com).

@Christopher_Spencer

I just had a quick browse and looks like you do it even easier by using https://MYINSTANCENAME-evolveauthoring-com.translate.goog/login?redirectTo=/&_x_tr_sl=en&_x_tr_tl=fr&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

or just go to https://translate.google.com/?sl=en&tl=fr&op=websites and then enter your Evolve instance url in the box and off you go.

This will then be a whole site change so if you click into different areas such as themes or Assets it will persist.

Hi @hbailey

I want to bring this topic back into our minds. In the future, we plan to use Evolve with a larger group of content creators and also with reviewers. However, for some, there is a barrier when it comes to other languages, such as English. Although the English language is omnipresent in today’s world and it’s becoming increasingly important to master it, we cannot expect all of our employees to be proficient in the language. Therefore, there must also be an option to translate the interface of Evolve into other languages, such as German.

Regarding the workarounds you provided, there is a problem: Using the browser to translate a website leads to the issue where every text we enter – for example, into the Component Body – gets altered because the browser also translates the text, even though the text in our components/courses is in our native language. The result is often incomprehensible. It’s hard to describe; you really have to see it for yourself. :sweat_smile:

My team and I would be willing to offer our help in translating Evolve into our native language German. Although I don’t believe it’s that simple, as we would probably need access to the backend, I want to emphasize that we are willing to support you in making multiple languages available. There might also be other users who feel the same way. Evolve is a continuously evolving, fantastic tool, and I believe its growing popularity will only increase its usage.

Best regards
Lars