Are video backgrounds possible?

I’m trying to create an induction with looping video backgrounds. At the moment the only option I can see is to use a GIF, but as we all know GIF is a terrible format. They’re terrible in quality and huge in size.

Most web content I view with animated images uses video alternatives such as .webm or .gifv, but Evolve can’t use these files as a background. It would be fine if I could embed a youtube video as a background, but that’s also not possible.

Are there any current features I’m missing or upcoming features that will make full size background video possible?

I think this would be a great feature.

Hello @PLBrenton & @Steve - we are looking at adding this feature to our roadmap but it likely won’t be released until 2019.

Has this been implemented? Trying to use a video as a background as we speak

1 Like

Would be a really nice feature. Is there any plan for it?

I am 99.9% sure I saw a video being used in the background of a course somewhere recently so let me do some digging and get back to you.

I think perhaps one of the reasons people don’t do this very often is for accessibility reasons - making sure that a page isn’t too busy or distracting. But if the use case is right, let’s find out how you can do it!