Adding more icons to the icon-set

Hi there,

I’ve successfully updated the icon set in Icomoon, and everything works great with the current setup. However, I’m facing a challenge with expanding the icon collection beyond the default 83 icons included.

For each icon, I have the corresponding HTML and CSS codes, as well as the HTML entity. I added new icons and Icomoon generated similar codes, but these additional icons do not appear after I import the updated set into Evolve. I suspect this might be due to some backend restrictions within Evolve that I’m not able to modify myself. Hopefully, I’m mistaken.

Could you let me know if it’s possible to integrate more icons into the default set? If so, how can I achieve this?

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,
Lars

1 Like

I just noticed that the icons do not change when I switch to the view where I select the individual icons. In the frontend, I see the swapped icons - but not in the backend.

Incorrect:

Correct:
Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-12 um 15.08.27

Greetings
Lars

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s not possible to do that. I know it’s not ideal but there are I think quite a few in the default set that don’t actually get used, so you could swap one of those out?

You’re quite right… not ideal. Will see if it’s possible to get that dialog to show you the selected icon set instead of always showing the default set.

Hey @Matt_Leathes,

thanks for the response. Is there a list of all unused icons? I don’t want to change icons that might be hidden somewhere.

Would it be possible to just create more placeholders as icons and store them in such a way that we can add additional icons in IcoMoon? I think it’s great that there is the possibility to use our own icons - but it’s not ideal yet.

Best regards
Lars

Not in the current setup, I’m afraid. But I will make a note that this is something we should look to improve in the future as you’re not the first person to have raised this.

Well, it’s hard for me to guarantee this list is 100% comprehensive but I’ve had a look through and these ones are all definitely used:
Alarm
Alarm2 (game & interactive video only)
Arrow-down
Arrow-down-circle (flowchart only?)
Arrow-left
Arrow-right
Arrow-up
Bookmark (bookshelf extension only?)
Book2 (bookshelf extension only?)
Bubble-text (simulation only)
Check
Check-square
Checkmark-circle
Chevron-down
Chevron-up
Circle
Cloud-download (reflection/certificate downloads only)
Contract3 (simulation only)
Cross
Cross-circle
Expand4 (infographic/simulation only)
Exclamation
Heart (achievements only)
Home4
Key
Key-hole
Lamp (simulation only)
Lock
Minus