Spelling Best Practices

Hi – surprised that a search for ‘spell’ came up empty. What are some of the best practices to help with spelling in your course content? Has there been any discussion about a feature request?

Martin,

You could install the Grammarly extension which does a fantastic job, it’s what I use when making courses.

Thanks, Helen… not sure that will work with my company’s extension management, but I can give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone suggest this as a potential baked in feature?

Your browser should have a built-in spellchecker…
Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 10.24.22

1 Like

Matt - It does, but settings and extensions are managed by my company, which is why I was looking for something built into the application. And would the browser-based checks find errors in reviewer comments as well, or just in the editor? Thx.

Odd that they wouldn’t enable something as innocuous as a spell-checker!

From what I recall most browsers’ spell checkers are only enabled for editable text boxes.

This may be supported, but the browser based tools are passive – you need to hunt for the red squiggly lines throughout your content. Great for documents, but less so for authoring. Hope that Intellum considers this for a feature request. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Agreed, I’d like to see a Spell Check option added as well. When content is inherited from others and multiple editors have made changes, it can be easy for an error to get introduced. Then those errors can get replicated over and over when course components are copied from one course to another.