Looking to view sample of actual courses created in Evolve

Very interesting, thanks!

So far, we’ve been using Triggers and Variables to show this sort of thing, so it’s good to know that this is another option to look into.

Hi Andy-
This course is great! I need to do something similar in terms of picking the language. Do you mind sharing how you developed that menu?

Thanks
Sue

Hi Sue,

For Neato Explained, the front end menu is built in Wordpress. It enabled us to go live in a few languages and add subsequent ones without interrupting the user experience. It’s a dead-simple page that contains hyperlinked images to act as buttons. The buttons jumps users to sub-domain. Each sub-domain contains a separate web-published Evolve course. You’ll see how by looking at the way the URL changes between each language.

Last week we built a single Evolve course that contains six languages. It uses the box menu to allow the user to select the language they want to see the content in. The client wanted a single scorm file for their LMS. Unfortunately, I cannot share it because it is client confidential. My main learning experiences from doing it are:

• the course level buttons, like NEXT and SUBMIT had to be changed to universal symbols.

• we developed it in English and used a lot of logic. 45 to be exact. Importing the languages required the recreation of the logic for each language, so the finished course has 260 logic items. Easy enough if everything is properly named.

• if you need to do an RTL language don’t go down this route - go down the Neato route instead.

Best,
Andy

2 Likes

Hi Andy,

your netoexplained example is really impressive. I especially love your design of the narrative component (point 9)! Would you mind explainig what settings you used for this kind of design? I can’t seem to find an option to make the previous/next buttons round…
Also, the color of the previous/next buttons seems to be linked to the text box below - you did you set uo the text background to be gray and the buttons in orange?
And how did you increase the space between the little dots (for navigating to a certain slide)?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Edit: typo and additional two question (why yes, I’m desperate)

Editedit: Never mind, I’m stupid, it’s a media carousel, not a narrative.

1 Like

Glad you worked it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

do you have a sample view of the backend of such sites?

Hi Mrjo,

The courses themselves will be within the user’s instances, so if they are willing to share those courses as templates then you can import them into your own instance and edit them.

We do have a few courses in the Examples section of our Evolve Hub that you can download the files for - take a look: https://experience.intellum.com/student/activity/764889

1 Like