What can I do if I accidentally delete an item from my course?

If you delete something like a component, block, article or page from your course we’re not able to retrieve it without reverting your system to a previous back-up - which means other work done since the back-up will also be lost.

However we do have some recommendations for ensuring you can avoid losing content if you do accidentally delete something.

Versions

We recommend using the versions functionality to regularly create new versions of a course before you intend to make any changes.

Currently this is a manual process, however we will be introducing automatic versioning in a future release.

You can find out how to create versions by visiting LearnEvolve and searching for Versions.

Visibility

If you’re not sure whether a particular article or page works within your course rather than deleting it, use the visibility toggle in the page builder to hide the content from your live preview.

1 Like

Thank you for this update. I frequently keep making version outside the course by renaming them, but this is more feasible solution :slight_smile:.